- You find yourself worrying excessively
- Your often feel keyed up or on edge
- You struggle to control your thoughts
- Your chest feels tight and you have to focus because it is hard to take a deep breath
- Your muscles are constantly tense
- You get stomach aches or headaches
- You have difficulty concentrating
Other types of anxiety may feel like :
- You sometimes have panic attacks or feel like you’re going crazy-
- It can feel hard to leave the house and go places
- You may hate crowds or being around big groups of people
- You are fearful people are judging you or that you are on display and everyone is staring at you.
Anxiety can be overwhelming and inhibiting. The racing thoughts spiral in ways that keep you constantly activated, leaving you either highly tensed or utterly exhausted. Sometimes you wonder if your worries will ever ease or if you will feel like this forever. You try to force yourself to relax, but your mind and body won’t listen, even when you are completely depleted. It’s like there’s a constant hamster wheel in your brain; a train of thoughts that eclipses everything else.
There is a way through.
Our therapists are trained in issues of anxiety. We are here to provide support and understanding. Here, you will have a safe environment to share your experiences while discovering the most up-to-date techniques to reduce symptoms.
We use many modalities of therapy: Mindfulness-Based Therapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing, Yoga, Solution-Focused Therapy, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and more!
Through these modalities you can:
- gain skills to regain control of your thoughts
- reduce feelings of distress
- intercept constant worries
- increase stress tolerance
- enhance feelings of calm
Together, we will embark on a new path, so that anxiety no longer overpowers your life. You will once more have control of your thoughts and overcome symptoms of anxiety to accomplish your goals. You are not alone, and there is hope.
If this resonates with you, all of our therapists are equipped to help. Click here to meet our therapists.