- You feel panicked, stressed, and have difficulty managing your feelings
- You’ve endured a difficult situation that has left you struggling to cope
- You struggle to stand up for yourself
- Sometimes you explode at others without meaning to
- Your thoughts often race or feel out of control
- It’s difficult to handle your feelings
- You have trouble with relationships
- You think you may have self-destructive behaviors
Any of these symptoms can feel overwhelming and confusing. You would like to have power over your thoughts and emotions, but you so often feel at the mercy of something you can’t control.
We are here to guide you through.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is a specialized approach that focuses on distress tolerance, mindfulness, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness. Distress tolerance skills focus on evidence-based ways to manage your feelings so they no longer overwhelm you. Mindfulness skills will ease overwhelming thoughts to prevent panic and stress. Through developing emotional regulation, you will establish tools to express yourself in healthier ways and cope more easily with difficult feelings like sadness and anger. Interpersonal effectiveness teaches ways to enhance communication and build better relationships.
With DBT you will learn how to:
- Gain self-acceptance
- Develop strategies for positive change
- Accept and more easily live with difficult thoughts and feelings
- Feel empowered to move forward in your life
- Understand effective communication to have stronger connections with others
- Learn and develop your strengths
DBT has been shown to be effective with substance use issues, eating disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and many other issues. Together, we will create a unique plan tailored just for your success. You are not alone, and there is hope.